Communication Studies doctoral candidate Berkley Conner and Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies student Jordan Geriane are co-facilitating a reproductive health conversation with three luminaries in the field of reproductive health.
Kathy Allen, Cristina Alonso, and Judy Norsigian are three key figures of Our Bodies Ourselves Today (formerly the Boston Women's Health Collective), the legendary collective that published the groundbreaking text Our Bodies, Ourselves in 1969.
This organization has continued to advocate for reproductive justice—developing powerful and inspiring models of health communication, medical education, legal advocacy and literary publishing on the body.
- Kathy Allen, J.D.
- Commissioner for the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (1985-91), founding member of the Women’s Law Collective in Boston (1972), and original legal counsel for The Boston Women's Health Collective
- Cristina Alonso, CPW, DrPH
- Health equity director for La Colaborativa in Chelsea, MA, advocate for community-owned and empowered health care, and Our Bodies, Ourselves board member
- Judy Norsigian
- Co-founder and member of the Boston Women's Health Book collective and current chair of the Our Bodies, Ourselves board of directors
- Berkley Conner
- Doctoral candidate in Communication Studies and the GWSS graduate certificate at the University of Iowa
- Jordan Geriane
- University of Iowa class of 2023, English and GWSS major
Co-sponsored by Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Studies, Communication Studies, Political Science, the Public Policy Center, Rhetoric, the College of Law, the College of Public Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, History, English, American Studies, the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, The Obermann Center for Advanced Studies, POROI, the Women's Resource and Action Center, and the Women's Archives at the University libraries.